Thursday, June 10, 2010

why people care more about animals than people?

I still cant understand why people cares more about animals than humans ,so i was searching about it and i found so many important information .

So i went first to a very intresting websites that includes questions and answers that people share so i found some intressting responces

That was the main question *

what is the psychology behind people sympathetic to animals but not humans?


RESPONCES ==


Person 1=Animals love you even if you're unkind/mean-spirited/cruel. People don't. Animals don't talk back, tell you you're wrong or leave you. I suppose such people are out to protect themselves from rejection/betrayal Happy Monday to you! :)

Person 2=think I would slightly amend your notion - at least as it applies to me. I am more sympathetic to animals than I am adult humans. For me, the reason is obvious. Most of the adult humans I know have at least the capacity to be resourceful enough to rebound from setbacks. Of course I know there are the extreme cases as in natural disasters, etc. I see adult humans as having had some say in their fate or at least some options in life. Whereas I see animals, particularly domestic animals, as being pretty much dependent upon us.This, by the way, is the reason why I defend the rights of the unborn and other children with more vigor than I defend the rights of grownups. Most grownups I know have had some choices and can fight adversity but the unborn and little ones are pretty much totally at our mercy. People who are cruel to animals and/or children are, in my opinion, the lowest of the low.




person 3 =
These people are generally referred to as animal rights activitists. Many of them work in the federal government as evidenced by a large group of California farmers who can't get water as that might endanger some insect or fish no one's ever heard of. Remember the snail darter? A little fish you might refer to as a minnow? Same group of people. But the psychology behind how these folks think is probably quite interesting and alien to the way you do.



This a link of a very intresting story of a reporter experiences.
story highlights
BackStory features a look at report on unusual animal shop in Baghdad
Animal stories typically elicit more sympathy than human ones

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/10/22/backstory.animals/index.html

3 comments:

  1. You did wonderful work! It is very interesting and broadens my thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article Sara. I just think that animals don't always appreciate when you hurt them. Maybe they can't respond verbally to torture kinds but they express it instinctively.

    ReplyDelete